Friday, April 13, 2012

Personal Testimony: The Choice to Believe!

Rosemary K, Gospel Witness/Writer
Personal Testimony: The Choice to Believe!

Members of my family and relatives reading this will be surprised at my bold leap of faith, but let me say that I actually owe no apologies to the religious dogmas that many of you are still enslaved by. I have seen the misery first hand, that religious adherents reap from their failure to accept Jesus Christ. I have seen the devastation wrought by dogmas on people’s souls, the fear, the condemnation, unforgiving ways, the lack of true love and affection, living in sin, and every other unimaginable suffering that people without Christ face. There is no freedom in belonging to world religions, but chaos and darkness. This subject is very close to my heart, because I have witnessed this very disruption in my own family. The living God is for love and freedom from sin, not vice versa.

The Gospel challenges us to seek and we shall find, and that is exactly what I did. There is no turning back to Babylon, because God has been extremely kind and favoring towards me. I have seen many tragedies in my life, with close family members and friends. I have seen people subjected to soul death by the very things they believed brought life, I have lost my closest and dearest blood kin, in very dreadful circumstances; I have seen friends and enemies alike, vanish in an untimely gory manner, with pain that would make even the strongest question God. In my life, I have gone through experiences that seemed to be “dead ends”, but by my belief in Jesus Christ, overcame them. God creates a way where there is no way in human eyes.

Jesus explains this in MARK 10: 27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. (Holy Bible, King James Version)Even though I look very cheerful and bright eyed, I cannot say I have experienced life as a bed of roses. So how come I am not downtrodden, grumbling, desperate, and cursing God? Because God Loves me, and I love God. With God’s love, no burden is too heavy to bear. God He made us in his image, and gave us of his spirit when He breathed life in us.

GEN: 1:27 So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them. [Holy Bible, King James Version]I grew up and studied in religious schools [which were considered the top/best schools in the country], where I witnessed events that were in utmost contradiction of what the Bible teaches, but were reinforced as the doctrinal ‘truth’ of God!

As with many religions, you will find various offshoots of secret societies, dedications, devotees, followers, legions, even disciples of men that are glorified by fellow men as the deity, supposedly with powers equal to those of the Godhead! In fact, not only is the Bible cast aside, edicts in form of religious books are made to replace it and reinforced as God‘s word. The list is endless, but among them are works like the Pieta Prayer Book, [a painting or sculpture of the Virgin Mary mourning over Jesus Christ's dead body]; Pocket Book of Catholic Prayers; The Catechism, on various subjects like praying the rosary, the lives of saints, ceremonies, etc.

I could not understand how the Bible could categorically forbid certain practices, yet have the same practices carried out in religious orders, as the actual truth and way to salvation.

By Gospel Witness Rosemary K
© 2011-2012, Rosemary K Gospel Witness Media 

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Detector




Register for Rosemary K email updates








try Express Email Marketing









ComScore


No comments:

Post a Comment